NutraVita just delivered their Mozzarella cheese flakes to my doorstep and I could not resist myself from baking some fresh cheese buns at home! NutraVita specialize in producing a wide range of Freeze Dried products in fruits, vegetables, spices, herbs, pulses, Milk Powders, leafy vegetables etc. and offer modified atmosphere packing, milling, blending and sieving options.
Mozzarella cheese as required
2 cups - flour
1 tablespoon- butter
2 tbsp- fresh yeast
2 teaspoons- sugar
A pinch salt
¼ cup- milk powder
fresh parsley sprigs
4 garlic cloves
1. Preheat oven at 180ºC. Grease a baking tray with some butter and dust with some flour.
2. Dissolve yeast in some water along with 1 teaspoon castor sugar and mix well. Heat in microwave for 10 seconds. Set aside for 1-2 minutes or till the yeast to activates.
3. Sieve flour in a bowl. Add salt, remaining castor sugar and milk powder and mix well.Add activated yeast and mix well. Add some water and knead into a soft dough.
4. Dust the worktop with some flour, place the dough and stretch.
5. Dust a bowl with some flour, put the dough in it, cover with damp muslin cloth and set aside to prove for 15-20 minutes.
6. Dust the worktop with some flour, place the dough on it and knead well. Add 1 tablespoon butter in the center and knead again. Set aside.
7. Roughly chop parsley. Grate some cheese over and mix well.
8. Weigh the dough and divide into 8 equal portions.
9. Take each portion, create a cavity, fill in some cheese-parsley mixture, seal the edges and shape into a ball.
10. Put stuffed cheese rolls onto the greased tray, cover with damp muslin cloth and set aside to prove for 10-15 minutes.
11. Finely chop garlic cloves.
12. Brush some milk over the balls and sprinkle chopped garlic. Place the baking tray in preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes. 13. Brush some butter on the cheese rolls and serve.
You can have these buns with soup or just have it with tea, this monsoon!
Recipe courtesy- Sanjeev Kapoor